RinkyDink Candles is officially hiring!
Autumn/Winter Chandler's Assistant - 12hrs Per Week Temporary Contract
Rate of pay: National Living Wage Rate (£9.50 per hour)
Working hours: 2 x 6 hour shifts (flexibility required Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm)
- Are you a fan of all things weird and wonderful? Fancy working in a casual environment and earning a bit of extra cash this winter? Wanna help out a small business?
- This position is a temporary contract commencing September 2022 and terminating at the end of December 2022. Depending on the successful candidate's performance, it is likely they will be considered for future employment in the event of the business scaling up in 2023.
- Job duties will include packing orders and doing most preperation tasks for product making. For instance, sticking product labels onto finished products, prepping candle lids and wax melt bags by adhering stickers to them, pre-wicking candle tins, and packaging products.
- You will also be shown the basics of how candles are made in the event you are required to assist in manufacturing batches, however this will be less frequent.
- While this is not a permanent contract, should the business continue to grow at its current rate in 2023, you may be asked to return should you enjoy the work.
- You will also be entitled to a staff discount on all store products.
- Please keep in mind that you may be asked to work on a Saturday or Sunday to pack orders in peak winter sales periods such as Black Friday. You will not be required to work Christmas Eve or Boxing Day. Your contract is likely to terminate on or around December 18th 2022.
- Ideally it would be helpful if you have any crafting experience or are just "good with your hands" as they say! Don't worry, you won't be required to take active part in RDC's social media if you don't want to, and there will be no pressure to 'perform' on the business' TikTok and Instagram accounts.
Application sifting will commence in late August 2022, with interviewing taking palce early-September.
The deadline for this application is August 27th 2022.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter, explaining why you would like to work with RDC to email@example.com.
If you can, please include any experience you have that you feel would make you good at this job, it'd be really helpful!